Repair and Restoration
Two years ago, on the First Sunday of Advent in 2011, St. Stanislaus Kostka asked for your pledges, over a three-year period, to the capital campaign RESTORE ST. STAN’S. The situation was dire. Keeping the church open demanded immediate repair of the trusses holding the building together. Cost of the repair alone was $2.2 million which included, not only the repair of the trusses, but also, the destruction, rebuilding, and redecoration of the barrel ceiling, the installation of tie rods, the removal of pews, and the scaffolding (remember that?).
The FIRST donor to the campaign was the Archdiocese, which donated $800,000 and allowed a $1.2 million loan so the repair could begin and the church could remain open.
Your generosity over the last two years has allowed our parish to begin many of the restoration projects necessary. They include the following:
• sanding and refinishing the wooden floor
• cleaning and rewiring of Tiffany-style chandeliers
• restoration of the altar of sacrifice
• restoration of the Divine Mercy altar
• restoration of the Shrine to Our Lady of Czestochowa
• installation of lighting for iconic monstrance and Stations of the Cross
• painting of the church walls
• restoration of the pews (on-going)
• installation of marble flooring in a portion of the sanctuary near the main altar
• preparation of permanent adoration space for Iconic Monstrance
• restoration of the Our Lady of Guadalupe Altar and Shrine
These projects could not have been completed without your consistent contributions and the payment of your pledge obligations.
Your financial assistance to the restoration of the church is greatly appreciated. All donations can be sent to Restore St. Stan’s or donate on-line. Please keep this project for the repair and restoration of the church in your prayers.
RESTORATION OF THE HIGH ALTAR
A generous parishioner, who wishes to remain anonymous,
has pledged to match donations dollar for dollar, to $65,000,
for the repair and restoration of the high altar and the continued
restoration of St. Stanislaus Kostka.
Your donation of any amount will automatically double.